Steve from Steve’s Silver & Stones has shared another one of his favourite cake recipes. See details tomorrow!
Preparing the cake batter
- 1 cup of vegetable oil
- 1 cup of self raising flower
- 1 cup of semolina flour
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup of sugar
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla essence
- 1/3 cup of crusted almonds
- Beat eggs with added sugar until pale.
- Fold in both self-raising flower and semolina flower. Add vegetable oil and vanilla essence to them mix.
- Pour mix into oiled dish.
- Sprinkle crusted almonds over the batter and bake in a moderate oven for 50 minutes.
Preparing the syrup
- 2 cups of water
- 1 1/2 cups of sugar
- Lemon rind
- 1 cinnamon stick
- A few cinnamon cloves
- Add 2 cups of water in a small pot along with sugar, lemon rind, cinnamon stick and cinnamon cloves.
- Boil all ingredients until all the sugar has dissolved.
- Let syrup cool down before pouring on top of cooled down cake.