Easy Orange Cake by Richie
With love from Rhubarb Rhubarb Organics (C247)
“In honour of our dear friend Richie we’d like to share a special recipe created by him”
2 med-lge oranges
250g almond meal
250g castor sugar
1 tsp baking powder
200ml (3/4 cup) orange juice
¾ cup castor sugar
40ml Cointreau (optional)
- Boil oranges in water for 2 hours. Allow to cool.
- Chop oranges in food processor, add almond meal, sugar, baking powder and eggs. Blend well.
- Thinly coat cake tin (preferably spring pan) with oil or butter and line with baking paper.
- Pour mixture into pan. Bake in oven preheated to 190 ° until golden brown (approx 50 minutes).
- Combine sugar, juice and cointreau in a saucepan and reduce over a low heat for 4-5 minutes.
- Carefully remove cake from tin and place on a large plate. While still hot spoon glaze over the cake.
Special Tip: Serve warm or cold with cream and/or ice cream.