Joe’s quality corner has been serving local customers at Preston Market for more than 30 years and still continuing to do so until this day.
This recipe was created by Pat from Joe’s Quality Corner back in 2003, however a great recipe can be used for centuries.
Rolled Pork is timeless & so easy to do!
Invite your family over for a nice Sunday dinner and cook them up a delicious Rolled Pork.
2kg Rolled pork (loin or leg)
4 cups bread crumbs
1 ½ cups water
½ cup chopped parsley
6 Apples diced./stewed
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
- Peel and cork apples. Slice and place in saucepan with 1tbs water and simmer until soft.
- To make stuffing, mix together bread crumbs, chopped parsley and stewed apple. Slowly add water to the stuffing mixture and stir to a dough like consistency.
- Roll out the pork, place the stuffing mixture along the top, roll up the pork and string or net.
- Bake in oven at 180 degrees for 2 ½ hours.
Make sure the pork skin is scored before you stuff it, ask your butcher to do it! To tell if the meat is ready, stick a metal skewer into the pork – if it comes out dry it is ready, if it is still moist it needs to cook for longer.
Serve with pan juices & a side salad.