The renewal is well underway. Share your views and find out more.
Investing in the future of Preston Market.
After 45 years of service to its community of traders and customers, Preston Market is getting an upgrade to make it a better place for everyone who uses it.
Anyone who knows and loves the market can expect:
- same market buildings and traders
- refurbishment of the fruit and vegetable hall
- more public spaces
- new toilets
- parents room
- kids play areas
- an information centre
- key sustainability and environmental improvements including solar panels, rain water capture, LED lighting, onsite waste treatment and better recycling infrastructure
- improved back of house and loading facilities for traders
- improved safety around carparks and to public transport stops/stations
- upgrade canopies to let more natural in
Preston Market Developments a joint venture between Medich Corporation and Salta Properties is investing more than $4 million to the market renewal. The renewal is expected to be completed between October 2016 to mid 2017. The market will remain open throughout the works.
Please check back here for further information about the market renewal as we get better at keeping everyone informed about what’s happening.