Missed out on Matt Wilkinson’s delicious Golden Chicken Soup? Have no fear! You can re-create the delicious recipe in the comfort of your own home.
GOLDEN CHICKEN SOUP
For the broth
- 600g roasted free range chicken wings
- 60g ginger
- 40g peeled garlic
- 30ml sesame oil
- 70ml rice vinegar
- 100ml healthy soy sauce
- 1 piece of kombu
- 3 spring onions chopped
- handful coriander root and stalks (see garnish below)
- 2 litres water
- Spices – Chilli, Star Anise, Peppercorns and Cumin
- Place all ingredients into a large bowl then cover with tin foil.
- Place the bowl onto a large pot that is half full with water, turn on full.
- When the water in the pot has boiled turn down to simmer and cook out for 3 hours. Adding more water to the pot if needed. This is called a double boiler.
- Take the foil off the bowl then drain through a sieve keeping the broth, pick the chicken meat from the wings and disregard the rest.
- Pour soup over the garnish to finish. (see below)
In each of the ten bowls divide;
- Chicken meat from above
- 200g Sliced shiitake mushrooms
- 100g greens (spinach, bok choy works great!)
- 40g piece ginger finely sliced
- 5 spring onions finely chopped
- 1 bunch coriander washed and roughly chopped
- 2 x chillies
You can add anything really, sliced beef or pork, any other vegetables!