The City of Darebin is partnering with us to share the joy of bike-riding.
Join us to learn how to give your bike some love, and to ensure your bike remains in good running order and always ready to ride!
This 2-hour hands-on workshop covers the basics of how to look after your bike.
Sunday 24th March | 1:00pm – 3:00pm
Sunday 31st March | 10:30pm – 12:30pm
Bring your own bike to gain practical experience on the following:
- Bike fitting
- Bike tools and parts
- Safety checks
- How to repair a puncture
- Checking tyre pressure
- Removing wheels
- Replacing a tube
- Oiling a chain
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What is the cost to attend?
$10 – $15
Is there an age limit?
- Yes. This course is primarily aimed at adults. However, those aged 9 years and older are welcome to attend. Participants aged 16 years and under must be accompanied by an adult.
How do I get there?
- Bike: Ride along the St Georges Road shared path to Cramer Street. You can explore all our Bike Shimmy Routes in this google map. And you can download a copy of our TravelSmart Map via our website.
- Catch Public Transport: Use the PTV App to help plan your journey
- Train: Take your bike on the train to Preston Station (South Morang line)
- Bus: www.melbournebybus.com.au
Bus Route 903 and 527: Stop in Murray Rd / Preston Station
Bus Route 552 and 553: Stop in Gower St / Cnr High St
- Tram: Route 86 / Tram Stop 48 (Gower St / Plenty Rd)
- Car: Car-parking is available at the Preston Markets car park. First 2 hours are free (ticket not required) and $2.50 for each additional hour (maximum stay of 4 hours and ticket required).
Where exactly do I go in the Preston Market?
- The workshop will be held in Pam Lane. Click here for a map of the Preston Market.
- Pam Lane is in the top-left (north-west) corner of the map.
Should I bring my bike?
- Yes. This is a hands-on workshop with the aim of making you familiar with your own bike.
I don’t live, work or study in Darebin. Can I do this workshop?
- Unsold tickets will be made available for people from outside Darebin one week prior to the workshop.
Do I have to bring my printed ticket to the event?
- You don’t need to bring your ticket on the day.
What is the refund policy?
- We offer refunds up to 7 days before the workshop. Unfortunately, we are unable to provide refunds after this time. However, If you are unable to attend the workshop due to unforeseen circumstances, you may transfer your ticket to another friend or family member by updating your registration online. If you require assistance with this process, please call us during business hours on 8470-8683 or send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org..au